Tuesday 30 April 2013

Skin care and beauty products.


I take incredibly good care of my skin and I love it. With out sounding up my self, I have pretty good skin. My skin is smooth, fresh and I hardly ever get pimples; all because I take care of it. Skin care is actually fun and with the right products that suit your skin, you will glow now and in the future.

 
It all started when I was in year 9. I didn't care at all (seriously barely even washed it) and my skin was dry, bumpy and blocked. I went to a class that taught me how to care for skin and it opened my eyes. I now know that to achieve beautiful skin when dolled up for a night out, it all starts with the quality of the canvas. And if you wake up with lovely skin, you will feel happy.



My favourite products to use for my body come from the Body Shop. I love the gentle soaps, scrubs, lotions and especially the beautiful body butters that are perfect for newly shaven legs! Their products are fruit based, organic, against animal testing and natural and I just love sweet smelling things! My absolute favourite scents/flavours are strawberry, grapefruit and mango, yum!

For my face for a regular day, I use Nude tinted moisturiser with an SPF 15. Tinted moisturiser is light, subtle and gives your face a fresh look; perfect for throughout the day. The best thing with Nude moisturiser is that it has lemon in it which is full of vitamins for young skin.

My foundation (L'Oreal) that is use at night, more formal occasions plus whenever I feel like it, also has an SPF. Guys, SPF is soooooo important to have in your moisturiser/foundation because if you are like me, the thought of wrinkles fills you with dread and fear and protecting your skin should be your number 1 priority. Also, red sunburn on the nose and cheeks is never a good look, right?

Before I go to bed, I remove all my make up. This is vital for fresh skin as sleeping in your make up ages your skin, no jokes. I use the brands, Olay and Simple before bed because it is perfect for slightly sensitive skin and feels light and clean. I use Simple cleanser in the showerm, wipe the make up off with Simple make up wipes, use Simple toner to get rid of any dirt and oil then use Olay Sensitive Moisturiser. When I wake up, my skin is smooth, firm and clean. Perfect! I also drink heaps of water throughout the day which works absolute wonders not just for your skin but your overall health.

So if you are reading this and thinking, "Wow I'd love to have nicer skin" then follow these tips! Essentially it comes down to removal of make-up before bed, drinking lots of water and finding the right products to suit your skin type because we are all different.

Xxx

No comments: